I started the year with everything set up in a way that I didn’t want. I ran out of money. I lost people I cared about.
I moved forward without thinking. What was on my mind was how fucked things are. I didn’t have any hope. Any self encouragement felt like I was lying to myself. I just moved forward probably because I trained my self to do that no matter what. My mind had already given up hope. I just moved forward from day to day without reason. I wanted to correct every mistake I made in the past couple of years but I couldn’t. I made the wrong move in this reality and the consequences have blown up in my face.
Despite all that..
- I ended up gamifying my life and I realized that my stats are way better than ordinary.
- My cooking skills have reached level six. I have mastered two desserts. Panna Cotta and Fry Pan made Rosemary Pistachio White Chocolate Chip Cookies. I can make pasta, steaks and salad. I have done so with a few items like a peeler, a chinese meat cleaver (instead of a chef's knife), a few chopping boards, a nice fry pan (which I won in a supermarket giveaway) and so on. All for under a couple of thousand bucks.
- I made a lot of new friends. The girl who introduced me to how I met your mother. My temporary cooking test subject. The girl who taught me some skills at work and kept me accountable to my goals. I went out with my food buddy more often. I revisited watching horror and gory movies and Japanese animation with a new friend.
- I got at least a girls number in a week without even trying. I should write about that.
- Throughout the year I've been on roadtrips to Batangas, Tagaytay and just mostly around the Metro.
- I got myself a low maintenance job that pays for the bills and gives me an opportunity to slowly regain my cash.
- I stayed minimalist and didn't add more things save for a few shirts and some cooking tools.
- I started going o the gym again.
- I was given a new laptop.
- A new room.
- A new bed.
- I lost my money several times but I recovered it.
- I learned the allowance system to saving.
- I learned a bit of python.
- I finally got the basics of HTML and CSS.
- I lost 30 lbs then regained 15 lbs of muscle. I'm still working on my shape.
- I've done a few dozen live tutorials in my blog Call Center Training Tips.
Then some situations:
- My younger brother graduated and now has work. We got to bond more.
- I watched the complete walking dead, game of thrones, how I met your mother, darker than black, iron chef, jamies 30 minute meals, suits, a world god only knows, arakawa under the bridge, attack on titan and sword art online.
- I got invited to blog about several places for my Philippine Island Living Blog
- I learned how to make Panna Cotta and sold it at the office and we always ran out of stock and many more.
- and many more.
- I got rid of one person who I know absolutely hates me. That's because we're friends again.
I ran out of money 3 times. Two of them were for stupid reasons.
I felt alone but I met a lot of awesome people and made several new friends.
I felt trapped but I’m more mobile than ever. I travel regularly and get work done.
Now I have recovered.
And I did all that while thinking I was depressed.
2013 is a great year. The next one will be even more awesome. I’d love it if you’ll be a part of it too.
Thank you for reading.
If you have a question or would like to say anything tweet or send me an email.