I used to start the year with a lot of goals. This is how I’d describe my 2011: Minimal waste expenses Savings for my 2012 wedding Giving to the poor and or volunteering Zero debt
Some stuff I would like at year end: 60 things left. Learn to play guitar A trip out of the city for a week. Be location independent at work A certain number in my bank account Not buying stuff I don’t need (clothes, gadgets, phone upgrades etc.)
My Goal Setting abilities for the past few years were terrible. They were terribly exactly the goal setting strategies in success books. I have big goals, mostly material goals that are aimed to please people I don’t like. I have a long list, sort of like a bucket list. I’m also going to work on my goals as fast as I can to get them as soon as I can because I might die at any moment. Most material goals are aimed to curb my insecurities. This year as I had attempted in the middle of 2010 I’m changing the rules.
- I’m going to play with it.
- I’m going to do what I like and contribute to others at the same time.
- I’ll try to go as slow as I can.
- I won’t spend a lot of time on material goals - I’ll have a separate list of nice to haves.
- I will not be buying unnecessary things as much as I can.
- I’ll accomplish my goals on my own terms.
- No compromise How do you plan to setup your year?
Thank you for reading.
If you have a question or would like to say anything tweet or send me an email.