Time for another inventory of my items as my participation to the 100 Things Challenge by Dave Bruno. I’ve been doing this since I started Minimal Changes and I realize that today’s another fine day to do it since I’m packing my stuff for a trip soon.
My goal is to have less than 100 Things and since I started doing it, I experienced the following benefits:
- It's easier to pack my stuff.
- I clean and organize a lot less because there's not a lot of stuff.
- I worry less and feel relaxed with the amount of stuff
- I know where everything is because there aren't a lot of things I need to track.
- I think long and hard before spending to buy stuff.
- I don't use up a lot of space.
- I have an inventory of everything I own.
- I have a detailed log of how my stuff changes.
- I became location independent.
- I can live out of a bag.
- I'm more conscious on what I spend on. (when it comes to stuff)
- I lose less things.
- I don't need to focus on my possessions
- I look at my list and I feel pretty blessed and content with them.
[gallery link=”file” columns=”4”]
Total Number of Items: 76
Should you decide to give it a shot here are some tips I recommend:
- Start getting rid of what you don't use a lot.
- Start with the small things.
- Have a someday pile and put everything you won't be using this month in that box and come back to it later and choose what you won't use and (sell it, toss it, give it away or donate it)
- Start with the stuff you own that you don't like.
- Start with the stuff that feels like a hassle to keep (in terms of space, cost, effort, etc)
- See if you can live with a picture or a digital copy instead (I took pictures of, souvenirs, notes, memorabilia, stuff with sentimental value, pictures, favorite clothes and got rid of them)
- Destroy a few of those items.
- Give stuff to someone who wants or needs them.
- Enjoy how light things are after removing the clutter.
Do you have a similar experience? I’d love to hear from you. Hit my contact page to share a story or leave one in the comments below.
You might also like:
Thank you for reading.
If you have a question or would like to say anything tweet or send me an email.