You have to buy in to play.
BUY IN ACTIVITIES PART 1
Activities that allow me to do the things that I need to do.
- Avoid Phone = Alpha State (killed most of Dad’s business, also an ambition killer)
- Overhead Squat or Air Squats (if you don’t have any gear available)
- L-Theanine and/or 5-HTP
- Cold Shower (wakes you up and activates your good ideas)
- Journalling and/or wrtite in the morning (trap your worries and distractions on paper)
- Prayer (summon the power from the Creator)
- Headspace (put the smart you in charge and give the stupid you a break)
- Walk Fluffy (because it makes you a better person overall)
BUY IN ACTIVITIES PART 2
Activities that allow me the resources to do the things that I want to do.
- 6 hours of work with TAW
- 2 hours of work for LKC
- Send 2 Job Applications
BUY IN ACTIVITIES PART 3
Activities that I want to do that are good for me.
- Bike ride
- Prospecting for new clients
- Teaching Mitzi how to sell
- Out of area dates
- PS Vita
BUY IN ACTIVITIES PART 4
Activities that are fun but use up resources and are good for me sparingly and harmful frequently.
- Visit Friends
Note about Buy In Activities:
Buy in is a concept I picked up in CrossFit.
I’m copying this definition.
Something you must complete before proceeding onto the main workout. Can also be called a “cash-in”.
For example, this workout: 5 min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of 12 handstand pushups and 20 situps. Buy in of 30 pushups.
This means you must complete the buy in of 30 pushups before you start the AMRAP.
In my case I merged it to Stephen Covey’s 4 Quadrants of Time Management making the previous quadrant the “Buy in” for the next level of activities.
Thank you for reading.
If you have a question or would like to say anything tweet or send me an email.